Sunday, October 3, 2010

Everyone needs a Heather...

Friday morning I woke up in a daze. Pain from the shingles had kept me up late into the night, and the meds I had just begun taking had left me exhausted. I felt like I had just taken a sleeping pill and yet I had to get all the kiddos off to school. Jeremy had been in Miami all week and was coming home that night. I had so much to do, but after I got the oldest four off to school, I felt like I couldn’t do anything, so I basically sat on the couch in a fog feeling quite sorry for myself wondering how I was going to make it through the day. After awhile, the doorbell rang. I thought about ignoring it, as I looked quite awful and my house looked worse. But then I thought it was probably just a neighbor wanting to play with Xander, so I went to the door and found her:



I shouldn’t have been surprised that my friend, Heather, was standing there with a bouquet of flowers and a bag of cute hand-me-downs for Lexi. Heather is just like this. She has an uncanny way of knowing exactly when I need her. (I'm thinking it has something to do with how close she is to the Spirit!) We haven’t lived in the same town for 7-8 years, but she hunts me down wherever I am. Sometimes it’s a package in the mail, sometimes it’s a phone call—but she is always there at just the right time.

Heather knew from my blog that I wasn’t feeling well. She came in and asked me what I had wanted to get done that day. I told her I had wanted to go to Target, clean my house, do laundry, and finish some projects I had started for Jeremy, BUT that I felt like I couldn’t move. So she stood up and started right in on my kitchen, insisting that I sit down and do a “low-energy” project. I would have been a bit mortified if it had been someone else, but H has a way of making me feel like I'm the greatest person on the planet, even when I'm not, and that there's nothing else she'd rather be doing than picking up my garbage and scrubbing my floors.

By the time Heather left a couple of hours later, I felt like a different person. Having a head start on my house gave me the drive to get it done. I finished almost everything I had wanted to that day, and felt a thousand times happier than I had that morning. If Heather hadn’t of shown up, Jeremy would have come home to a crying wife and a very messy house. Instead, we had a great night together in a nice, happy home.

A couple of hours from an angel made the whole weekend so much better for my entire family.

I love you, Heather! I am so blessed to call you my friend!




5 comments:

  1. How lucky/blessed you are to have a Heather!!!
    I miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you recognize and Angel when you see one - and so glad that you have one in your life!

    hugs and love - and Thanks Heather - we feel better too!

    aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Heather! I am so glad you posted that story because it reminds us all to be angels wherever and whenever we can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, Thank you, and I love you. Christi's Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It will be reviewed and posted shortly.